[MlMt] Future of Markdown syntax in Mailmate

Andreas Sahlbach andreas.sahlbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:22:48 EDT 2020

> Can you suggest a possible replacement? I assume that it's largely a
> case of adjusting to a different API.

I would prefer to deal with this in an outcome oriented way, not from a
implementation perspective. Ask the users what they want, then solve
their problems. I can only speak for myself, the current syntax is too
restricted and too basic.
I am missing nested lists, nicely rendered code snippets etc. But that's
only my opinion and based on my view of existing markdown solutions.

Besides that, for a quick fix, there are several forks from the
deprecated repository. Maybe one of them is compatible and improves the
current situation already? (https://github.com/apiaryio/sundown,
https://github.com/hoedown/hoedown)

On a midterm base it would be a cool feature to open up a plug-in
interface so that the community can improve the situation by itself.

Ciao,

Andreas