[MlMt] sluggist Mailmate - how to optimise?

Jason Davies ophiochoslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:58:11 EDT 2019

Hi folks

I'm a huge fan of mailmate but in recent months (I think largely since
the last OS update) it's bordered on unusable for me. I see the spinning
pizza for on average ten seconds when I hit 'reply' and frequently when
I click on a different message. Or it might take that long as I try to
add an address to a new message. Even typing appears in fits and starts.

I'm using a 2010 Mac Pro with 20 gigs of RAM, an SSD start-up connected
via PCIE. Almost the only time it's sluggish is with MM. I have multiple
accounts with thousands of emails.

This is not a moan or a complaint; I recognise I'musing an old machine,
albeit maxed-out. I'm asking for informed suggestions about how to
reduce whatever load I'm putting on the app so that it can be snappy. Eg
reducing the number of accounts? I don't want to just try things that
take quite a while to actually do (ie switching the less-used ones to
Mail). Or perhaps that won't do any good. I would consider a new SSD
(but as I said, everything else seems pretty responsive).

Any suggestions about things to turn off or avoid very welcome.

Thanks
Jason