[MlMt] VPN conflicts

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Sep 23 08:59:04 EDT 2019

On 23 Sep 2019, at 14:41, Peter Borsella wrote:

> Good Day, All,
> I am using a VPN tool on my Mac, and have experienced as might be
> expected that emails do not flow with the VPN active. However, are
> there any settings or workarounds that would still allow me to keep my
> VPN turned on while exchanging emails?
> Thanks...Peter

I regularly have VPNs of all kinds running and **never** have problems
with e-mail, except when a VPN is required for something like Outlook.

But many VPNs also act as firewalls in which case they **might** be
blocking outgoing ports, as some ISPs also like to do.

So: what kind of VPN do you have? Do you get any logging from it?

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Kronenstr. 27a