[MlMt] just bought mailmate..some questions couldn’t find answers to in manual

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 11:23:17 EDT 2019

[Here's my previous reply sans the screenshot]

On 20 Sep 2019, at 8:24, Xebar Saram wrote:

> Hi all
> as the title says, i just bought mailmate and have some questions
> which i
> couldn’t find answers to in manual..
>
> 1. i use gmail as my mail source, each time i send a message i get a
> "new"
> mail in my inbox being the message i just sent. Anyway to make that
> stop?

I don't see that behavior.  Perhaps try going to File->Edit IMAP
Account->Gmail, click on the "Edit Subscriptions" button and uncheck the
box for "All Mail" under the "Client" column.

> 2. when i reply to an email i get the previous mail content
> (html/text) in
> the upper part of the compose window. Can this be changed to either
> appear
> on the bottom before the editing area or stop this behavior
> completely?

To change where MM has you start typing when replying, go to the
Signatures pane of Preferences, and adjust the "Caret placement" and
"Default signature placement" prefs as appropriate (yes these work even
if you have no signature defined).

HTH.

-Eric