[MlMt] Grouping mailing lists

Robert DelRossi rdr at rdelrossi.com
Wed Sep 18 15:49:41 EDT 2019

Charlie -- I was the one who got you down the path of tagging incoming
mailing list messages in the first place. But something Max Rydahl
Andersen said got me considering a different, cleaner approach. I'm not
sure it will work for you, but here is what I did:

First, I created a new smart mailbox called "Universal Inbox." The goal
for the Universal Inbox is a place that I can work that isn't cluttered
by all my various newsletter subscriptions.

On the Universal Inbox I set its Mailboxes tab to a two-part "all"
condition:

* Condition 1 is the built-in "All Messages" mailbox. That brings in
every message from every server I use (Google, Business, Personal, etc).
* Condition 2 of the compound is set to "None of the following
mailboxes" and here I list every other Smart Mailbox that I don't want
to see, like all my newsletter and the one I have to this MailMate List.

> ![](cid:8BDACA18-4779-4939-960E-29ACBD43348C at rdelrossi.com
> "PastedImage.png")

Now I do have to tag anything to exclude. I can work out of the
Universal Inbox knowing that all the newsletters are already excluded
automatically.

Hope this might be helpful to you.

-- Robert