[MlMt] Grouping mailing lists

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Sep 10 12:03:00 EDT 2019

On 9 Sep 2019, at 10:30, Charlie Clark wrote:

> But this only works for smart mailboxes and not IMAP folders, right?

I think I've got this working for me. I've created some additional smart
mailboxes (Python, Web, etc.) and put the mailing lists I want in these.
I then set a rule for all mailing lists to be tagged as Mailing List.
Then I excluded the selected mailing lists from the general mailing list
mailbox. Then I set a condition for my accounts and their inboxes to
ignore anything tagged mailing list. I initially tried setting the
condition tags does not exist for the inboxes but that didn't work as
expected.

It took a while to get right and it would be great if more of this could
be done by drag and drop but the flexibility is pretty great: I was able
to add other filters such as bug reports and pull requests to the smart
boxes.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark