[MlMt] Weird annoyance

Tobias Jung nd at tobiasjung.net
Fri Oct 18 08:02:46 EDT 2019

In my experience in cases like this, it often helps to delete the
preferences file.
However, yo do lose ALL the settings then which is usually not very
pleasant.

So let me suggest another approach.
Download PrefsEditor
http://apps.tempel.org/PrefsEditor/index.php

After you’ve opened the app, open the file com.freron.MailMate.plist.
Look for the key "NSWindow Frame MMComposer".
In my case, the corresponding value is "734 146 722 760 0 0 1920 1057".
The first four figures seem to be related to x- and y-position, width
and height.
They do no match exactly here. I guess for example, counting the
y-position start below macOS’s menu line (which makes sense). The
height value is somewhat smaller than the actual window height (33px).

I guess modifying these values will do the trick
BUT!!!
Please don’t do it until someone here confirmed it’s a safe thing to
do. I don’t know if this really works and I’d hate to be responsible
if this screws up you preference file.

For the moment, you at least can look at those values and see if they
correspond to your composer window’s position and size.

Hope this helps,
Tobias Jung