[MlMt] UK email provider recommendations

Rob Willett rob.mailmate at robertwillett.com
Tue Nov 26 12:22:24 EST 2019

You can roll your own with Message-In-A-Box (MIAB).

https://mailinabox.email/

We use it on a VPS Ubuntu 16.04 server. Yes we know it should be on
Ubuntu 18.04 but nobody has OpenVZ containers for Ubuntu 18.04.

Takes about 60 mins to do from start to finish, most of that time is
setting the server up. The server becomes an appliance and it just works
for us. It sorts out certificates and mail group aliasing. We also run
simple web servers (no PHP) easily and quickly.

We have the smallest VPS plan and it's fine.

You do need to be familiar with the command line and to be happy to run
your own server, but I spend no more than 10 mins a month managing it.

Rob