[MlMt] Keyboard shortcut "Single Key Read"?

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Tue Nov 12 07:57:50 EST 2019

Andreas Borutta 2019-11-12 12:15 wrote:

> smart mailboxes: I do not know of any other mail app which can handled
>> smart mailboxes as well as mail mate.
>

> Until now I'm not sure, if I ever need that feature. Usually I was
> just fine with the search function, when I had to look into mails of
> the past. But may I will like it, when I try to finde usefull cases
> for me.

I used to have a lot of rules that moved in mails to a lot of different
folders. After moving to MailMate and discovering how smart the smart
folders are I now use a different approach.

1. All mail comes in to the standard "Inbox".
2. There I look at them and press "a" for archive or "d" for delete etc.
3. The "Inbox" is then empty and all mail I want to keep is in
"Archive".

I then have a lot of smart folders for customers, persons, projects,
mailing lists etc. They completely replace all the folders I used to
have.

For me this is a lot better :

* One mail can show up in any number of smart folders.
* Reorganising things does not involve moving any mail, just changing
some smart folders.
* I can add and remove smart folders without any risk of losing mail.

Fredrik