[MlMt] Keyboard shortcut "Single Key Read"?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Nov 11 13:27:59 EST 2019

On 10 Nov 2019, at 2:59, Andreas Borutta wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> I'm new to MailMate. In my previous mail client Thunderbird I like the
> function of a keyboard short which can be charaterized as "single key
> read".
> By default it is the space bar.
>
> In MM the space bar key will move you at the first through a mail body
> (when it does not fit into the pane) and when it reaches the end of
> the body it moves you to the next message in the same mailbox. When
> you reached the last mail in the mailbox, MM stops.
>

> I would like to let the space bar key move you only through unread
> messages.
>
> And I like it to do not stop at the last mail of a mailbox, but move
> you to the next unread message in the next mailbox.
>
> That is my most used commands at all in Thunderbird. I love the ease
> of tapping the space bar for reading.
>
> Is that possible with MM please?

Mostly.

In the General pane of the Preferences window, there's a "Custom Key Bindings" section with a help button that opens the relevant section in the MM Help. That gives all the detailsd, but as an example, I have the word "Mine" in that text field and a file at  ~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/Mine.plist with this content:

{
  " " = "scrollPageDownOrNextUnreadMessage:";
  "q" = "nextUnreadThread:";
  "l" = "replyList:";
}

The relevant entry is the first one. With that alone, you can spacebar through all of the unread messages in one mailbox.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org