[MlMt] is it possible to search on Msg ID or "Warning: Email not available on disk" status ?

Fri May 31 08:35:52 EDT 2019

On 8 May 2019, at 15:37, Sam Hathaway wrote:

> On 8 May 2019, at 0:49, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> Tip: don't let other programs do data violence in the MailMate
>> message cache.
>
> That’s not always possible. Antivirus software may remove messages
> that contain malware.

Which kind of makes it malware itself ;-) I wonder if any
antivirus-software would quarantine an email if it had an antivirus app
attached...

Joking aside, I don't have any nice solution to this problem. I strongly
recommend not letting antivirus software do anything to the Messages
subfolder. Nothing in this folder is executable. MailMate will save
attachments in another location (currently the Attachments folder) and
this will still give antivirus software the opportunity to intervene.

If the antivirus software can just list the files matching its checks
(without removing them) then one could build a list of `Message-ID`
headers and then use the `message:` URL scheme to open these emails in
MailMate in order to delete them (one by one).

Ideally, MailMate would detect disappearing files and offer the user to
act on it -- including deleting them server side. (This would still
leave MailMate unable to properly clear its database index files.)