[MlMt] command-click

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Tue May 28 15:06:44 EDT 2019

On 28 May 2019, at 11:13, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Hi Robert, this works fine for me in r5635 (running macOS 10.14.5 and
> with Safari as my default browser).
>
> In fact, I didn't even know about using Cmd-click to open links in the
> background; so thanks for the tip!
>
> -Eric
>
> On 28 May 2019, at 13:01, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded to MM version 1.12.5 (5635).
>> Since then the command-click on a link switches to the browser window
>> right away, that is no longer opens the link in the background.
>> In other words, there is no difference between click and
>> command-click
>> Can anyone confirm that?

Interesting...when I first tested this to confirm/deny this behavior, MM
did indeed open a new Safari tab in the "background", that is, MM was
still the active application and its window chrome reflected this.
HOWEVER the Safari window itself was actually IN FRONT of the MM window,
and *its* window chrome reflected that it was, indeed, in the
"background".  Very strange.

No amount of subsequent attempts have been able to reproduce this
behavior. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯