[MlMt] Search for messages send to one of my addresses, but where the final address is not in TO or CC

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Mon May 13 23:29:47 EDT 2019

On 13 May 2019, at 8:47, leo wrote:

> Hi Randall
>
> On 9 May 2019, at 5:14, you wrote:
>
>> Instead of using the search bar, use the command Edit -> Find ->
>> Mailbox Search.
>
> Yep, that works, but it is *nearly* like creating a Smart Folder. - I
> would love to use the fast syntax from the search bar for this…

Glad it's working.  I haven't really gotten the hang of the search bar;
it works great for really simple things, but for anything else never
works the way I expect.  Searching on a phrase seems to do an "or" on
each element, etc.  For any search that isn't super trivial I use the
Mailbox Search.  I agree it would be nice for this to be faster.

--Randall