[MlMt] Endless spinning beach ball of death

Wed May 1 03:44:30 EDT 2019

On 11 Apr 2019, at 20:01, Arnau Rebassa wrote:

> I have deleted a lot of emails using outlook from an account I'm also
> managing with mailmate. Now I get an endless spinning beach ball of
> death
> and I don't know what to do. I can force a quit, but when I start it
> again,
> the same happens.
>
> The last time I tried to redownload all the emails of that account it
> took
> 2 days and it started downloading the oldest emails. So this would be
> the
> latest option I'd try.
>
> Any advice?

I'm very sorry about the late reply. My guess is that you might already
have done a redownload/reset, but if you haven't then I'd like to see
what makes MailMate hang. You can generate a report like this:

	sample MailMate 10 > ~/Desktop/mailmate_sample.txt

You can also try the latest test release to see if the problem is an
already fixed bug. Pick the most recent one on this page:
http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/

(If you have multiple accounts then you can take the machine offline to
avoid synchronizing the account when launching. Then take the outlook
account explicitly offline using the Mailbox menu after selecting the
account under Sources. This should allow you to use the other accounts
when taking the machine online again.)