[MlMt] Reply to multiple messages

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Mar 28 12:53:07 EDT 2019

On 28 Mar 2019, at 12:21, Chris Newman wrote:

> +1. Mulberry also had this feature and I am periodically frustrated
> when I have to manually copy content from multiple messages

Also +1 as a Eudora refugee...

> and add the "> " prefix to work around the loss of this feature.

Note that MM can "Paste As Quoted Text" with cmd-opt-V (or press the
option key while using the Edit menu.)

> On 27 Mar 2019, at 23:03, Randall Gellens wrote:
>
>> Currently, if multiple messages are selected, reply generates
>> individual replies to each.  I would like a single reply, addressed
>> to the merged recipients and senders of all selected messages, with
>> the body the same as what is generated in each reply, just as a
>> series, one after the other.  Ideally, duplicated material would be
>> deleted (e.g., if many of the replies contain the same set of quoted
>> text, that should only appear once, or be omitted entirely).
>>
>> Eudora for Mac had this feature and I often forget MM does not, and
>> find myself wanting to reply to a set of messages.

I just realized that you're the R. Gellens we have to thank for so many
useful and comprehensible RFCs, many of which have made Internet email
better.

Thank you for your service to the net!

--
Bill Cole