[MlMt] SmartMailbox - From equals To

Wed Mar 27 10:02:16 EDT 2019

On 23 Mar 2019, at 10:27, Marc ARC wrote:

> I want to define a smart mailbox to contain/exclude all mails where
> the From: equals the To:.
> Is there a datapoint/variable which can be used for the value in the
> filter
>
> So the filter would look like <From:> <is> [To(of this email)]

No. I guess something like that could be obtained by some elaborate
system which uses a tag to temporarily put an email into a
single-message smart mailbox and then use that on the right side of a
“is in” comparison, but that sounds a bit messy :-)

I guess the “is in” comparison method could offer a special “This
Message” virtual mailbox, but it seems like overkill
(implementation-wise) if “from = to” is the only real use case for
such a feature. Then again, if it was extended to also support “Parent
Message”, “This Thread”, and other variants then it might make
sense to add... (Implementation-wise, I'm afraid it's far from
straightforward.)