[MlMt] Finger slip deleted a mailbox - how recover?

Sun Mar 3 04:35:30 EST 2019

On 25 Feb 2019, at 0:24, Roger Bohn wrote:

Sorry about the late response.

> Twice in the last week, my finger has “slipped” on the trackpad
> (MacBook pro). Somehow it led to a mailbox being deleted. I have no
> idea how my cursor move was interpreted to reach this result. Could it
> be a new bug?

If it is then it's likely somehow related to the re-implemented mailbox
list, but I haven't done any functional changes with respect to deleting
mailboxes. MailMate should explicitly warn you if you use “Mailbox ▸
Delete Mailbox” on a non-empty mailbox. Maybe it's more likely that
you moved the mailbox as suggested by another list member.

> In any case, how do I stop a mailbox deletion midstream?

If it's a move then it's probably best to wait for it to complete and
then move it back. An actual mailbox deletion (with the warning) would
be fast and non-reversible. You would have to find the emails in the
local backup of your machine.

> Will “Synchronize” rebuild it?

No, this just forces MailMate to do a quick check for server-side
changes to the mailbox. It's usually not doing anything, because such a
sync is also done when selecting an IMAP mailbox.