[MlMt] I can send mail from an account I've taken offline

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.ORG
Thu Jun 13 13:22:23 EDT 2019

Eric Sharakan wrote:

> The subject pretty much says it all.  I've used the contextual menu
> item to place an account offline, yet if I specify the From address of
> an outgoing message to be from that offline account, MM still happily
> sends the message.
>
> It seems that should be blocked, with an appropriate error message.

I don't think so.  It's nice to be able to use other addresses, which I
do somewhat frequently.  A standards-observant user agent should, I
believe, in this case insert a Sender header with one's actual address,
but I don't think that's a major issue.

I have noticed (bearing in mind I'm running a now fairly old version of
Mailmate) that 'sent' copies of messages from an offline account will at
least sometimes get filed in the Sent Messages folder for that account,
which can make things a bit messy if one relies on having those copies.
I BCC myself, as that keeps everything in the same one place.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673
http://MIX.ORG/