[MlMt] Preservering markdown/formatting in quoted text, use markdown of sent message

Carl Wernhoff carl at wernhoff.com
Sun Jul 21 15:45:40 EDT 2019

I'm trying to find the right way to work effectively with Mailmate and
the way markdown is handled by Mailmate. I came across this issue.

If I have sent a message with markdown, and want to use most of the
contents and formatting from that message in a new slightly modified
message, how can I do that? Let's say I've created a bulleted list
hierarchy (I work a lot with those as I often find that a useful way to
organize information) in a sent message, and want to send a new message
with a similar bulleted list, how can I get a copy of the markdown I
wrote for the sent message? Copying the message body from the message in
the sent mailbox, or using "Edit as new" on the message, doesn't give me
back the markdown.

Thanks,
Carl