[MlMt] Disable IPv6 in MailMate

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Wed Jul 3 15:45:04 EDT 2019

On 3 Jul 2019, at 11:18, Zi Yan wrote:

> My new ISP provides native IPv6, which is great, but my company IMAP
> mail server does not support IPv6. I just wonder if there is a way of
> disabling IPv6 in Mailmate. It would be even better if I can disable
> IPv6 for a specific account.

You could try adding an entry for the IPv4 address of
outlook.office365.com to your /etc/hosts file. Haven’t tested it but
it’s worth a shot.

Another option (assuming it doesn’t make SSL mad) might be to use the
IPv4 address in MailMate’s config as your IMAP server address (rather
than “outlook.office365.com”).

Additionally, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with disabling it
on your system to get things to work now. It’s unlikely to break
anything.

Stijn says that IPv6 is the future, but IMO the future is going to take
a while to arrive, if it ever does. Some people think IPv6 has failed
and we’ll have to try something else. Go figure!

Hope this helps.
-sam