[MlMt] pre-populating the in-message search text

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:15:47 EST 2019

Hi, when I use Cmd-F to search within a message, sometimes the search
field gets pre-populated with whatever search I might have run before,
even if in another App (like Safari).  I suspect this is an OS-wide
service, but I was wondering if there's some way to disable this
behavior, either system-wide or just in MM?

Also, when this happens, often the pre-populated search term is not in
the message, which then produces an alert sound.  It's a bit jarring to
get that alert sound just by typing Cmd-F in a message.

-Eric