[MlMt] S/MIME algorithm

Jan Münnich jan at dotplex.com
Tue Jan 22 11:02:07 EST 2019

Hi Benny,

Apparently MailMate uses SHA1 for S/MIME signatures:

SHA1 is not considered as secure anymore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1). I also noticed that Gmail doesn't verify SHA1-signed messages anymore: 'The signature uses an unsupported algorithm. The digital signature is not valid.'

I don't know if you use a macOS library for S/MIME? A test from iOS Mail used SHA256:

Thanks,
Jan

--
Jan Münnich
jan at dotplex.com | +49 30 20236996-1

dotplex GmbH | www.dotplex.de
Reinhardtstr. 27c, 10117 Berlin, Germany
AG Charlottenburg: HRB 173749 B | USt-IdNr.: DE304968794
Geschäftsführer: Jan Münnich