[MlMt] Mailbox count = Recent doesn't match server's \Recent count

Mon Jan 21 09:27:04 EST 2019

On 20 Jan 2019, at 1:08, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I've talked to the developer of EIMS about it, and he confirms that
> the server automatically resets \recent.  I think what MailMate shows
> when counter = recent isn't what the server is reporting as \Recent
> for the mailbox.

Yes, `\Recent` really only works for so-called online IMAP email
clients. What MailMate shows is the most recent count of `\Recent` flags
enabled for emails within the mailbox. But servers don't really tell
MailMate when these flags changes (like they do for other flags). And I
won't also rule out bugs, but it doesn't matter much since the solution
is to get rid of it in MailMate (and see what I can replace it with as
you have requested).