[MlMt] Getting message tags from a bundle

Wed Jan 16 06:45:48 EST 2019

On 15 Jan 2019, at 5:03, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> I'm looking to export mail to EagleFiler while preserving the
> messages' tags.  See this thread over on the EagleFiler forum:
> https://c-command.com/forums/showthread.php/5443-Support-for-Mail-tags-(as-implemented-by-MailMate)?p=21381#post21381
>
> Would it be possible to write a bundle to do something like this?

Yes. The EagleFiler bundle command already uses some environment
variables to let the `add` command easily access the subject and
message-id of the message. You can add this to also get IMAP keywords:

	MM_FLAGS=${#flags}\n

Or this to only get the subset for which tags have been defined:

	MM_TAGS=${##tags}\n

The caveat is that there is no easy way to get the display names of
multiple tags. (Implementation details I haven't given enough thought
yet.)