[MlMt] Sign by default Based on history not working?

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:28:59 EST 2019

One simple thing that would help in my situation is have the "sign always" setting not throw an error if there's no signing cert for the account I'm currently sending from.

Thanks.

-Eric

On 11 Jan 2019, at 16:34, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2019, at 9:19, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I don't think I've changed anything. “Based on History” looks at
>> the latest email sent to the same recipient. There's currently no
>> fallback for this.
>
> Hmm, basing the heuristic on a specific recipient seems more useful
> for the 'encrypt' setting (where I need to have their public key) than
> for the 'sign' setting.  Why wouldn't I want to sign all my messages
> for an account where I have a signing cert?

Which is what the “sign always” setting gives you in the Security
preferences pane. But I'm not saying it couldn't be more flexible.

> Perhaps another approach would be to make the sign settings be per
> account (or have an option under "Sign by default" of "Based on
> account"?  I work in a company of over 100,000 employees, and I want
> mail I send on my work account to any of them to be signed.
> Conversely, I have no signing cert for my gmail account, so I never
> want MM to try to sign those messages.

Yes, that kind of flexibility would be nice.