[MlMt] 'Send' via keyboard?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jan 9 13:47:34 EST 2019

On 9 Jan 2019, at 11:21, davecc0000 wrote:

>> On Jan 9, 2019, at 7:16 AM, Bill Cole
>> <mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 9 Jan 2019, at 9:37, Jason Davies wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry about the 'command E' thing - I must have remapped that years
>>> ago, it's probably what Mailsmith did in 2002 and became a habit;)
>>
>> FWIW: cmd-E was almost universal for "Send" in the earliest Mac email
>> and email-like clients. FirstClass, Eudora, Compuserve Navigator, and
>> the Mac AOL client all used it.
>
> Eudora used Cmd-dash (minus sign) for send.

Yes and no. I have no sane excuse for retaining a folder named "Eudora
Documentation" containing 18 text and PDF files documenting the 5.x-6.x
versions for MacOS, but there it is.

Cmd-dash in Eudora sends already-queued messages. Cmd-E queues the
current message for delivery or sends it immediately, depending on
whether you have "Immediate Send" enabled in the Connection section of
the "Sending Mail" panel of the Settings dialog.

Incidentally: There IS Eudora news that is less than a year old. See
www.eudora.com. Seriously.