[MlMt] Mapping backspace to archive

James Marwood james at thatmarwoodchap.com
Wed Jan 9 12:27:26 EST 2019

Hi all,

I’m currently experimenting with the demo version of MailMate, and
I’ve run into an issue I hope you can help with.

I've created a new plist mailbinding file (JM.plist), duplicating the
Gmail one. This is in the same folder as the other keybinding plists,
and I've turned on custom keybindings, and used the title (JM) in the
list of keybindings to use.

To this, I've added the following line (Based on copying the
deleteMessage: line from the Standard.plist:
"\UF728" = "archive:";         // ⌦

However, this doesn't work, and hitting backspace moves the file to
Deleted.

I’ve tried replacing UF728 with U0008, which seems to be the mac
default for backspace in keybindings, but this doesn't seem to work
either.
I've closed and restarted MailMate between saving the plist and trying
to make it work each time.
Is there anything obvious I'm missing?

Apologies is this is something obvious, this is the first time I’ve
tried to do anything quite like this.

Thanks,

— James