[MlMt] Does the Visualize bundle work for anybody?

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Fri Jan 4 21:37:25 EST 2019

Hey Leo, I'm going to reply with an email I sent in reply to someone
else with the same question a while ago:

I wrote back on July 3, 2018:

> I'm the author of the plugin. You're not missing anything.
> Unfortunately, the plugin stopped working somewhat recently due to a
> change in the security models in browsers (all major ones, as far as I
> know) where loading an external file in the way MailMate enabled the
> plugin to do was considered insecure and no longer allowed. The
> problem is explained by Benny in this GitHub issue.
>
> It seems that for this to work, MailMate (or the plugin) would need to
> spin up a simple http server to be able to read the file generated by
> MailMate.
>
> I am happy to put in some time/effort to make it work if Benny has an
> idea ā€” and needed bandwidth ā€” to find an alternative and guide me
> to an extent :)

Here's the [Github
issue](https://github.com/sheriferson/Visualize.mmBundle/issues/6) I
referenced that has more from Benny on the issue, and research from me
on possible solutions.

I'll wait for Benny to weigh in here. If he has plans to work on
anything we discussed in that issue, I'm happy to do what I can.
Otherwise, maybe it's best for him to remove it from the list of plugins
so users don't waste their time trying to get it to work.

Sherif