[MlMt] What's with the skulls?

Thu Feb 21 08:44:28 EST 2019

On 16 Feb 2019, at 15:14, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> I found the graphic both creepy

I'm getting quite a lot of feedback on this. Also from people finding it
more than just creepy. It's already on my list to find a different
approach (and not just a different symbol since the real problem here is
that there's no explanation when it happens).

For the record, to me it's just a cartoonish symbol and I never really
considered that anyone would find it creepy or worse -- in that case I
would not have used it.

> and sometimes shown incorrectly

It is better with false positives than false negatives for spoofing
attempts. It would be very hard to improve it to be smarter than simply
looking for the use of `@`. But I need to add some way for the user to
“whitelist” names.