[MlMt] [OT-ish] Local Dovecot - step-by-step instructions or plug-and-play .app/VM/container

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Wed Feb 20 12:54:36 EST 2019

Hi all,

I find myself in possession of a bunch of MBOX files that I’d like to
browse using MailMate, without having to upload them to one of my IMAP
accounts. The recommendation for this seems to be to install Dovecot on
my Mac and import them there.

I got about half an hour into tweaking config files and squinting at
error messages and realized that this is not the best use of my time.

So, does anyone have step-by-step instructions for setting up Dovecot
for this kind of use?

Or better yet, does anyone know of a plug-and-play .app/VM/container
that runs a self-contained Dovecot?

Thanks in advance!
-sam