[MlMt] SpamSieve Train mailboxes are not cleaned up

Mon Apr 1 09:12:05 EDT 2019

On 29 Mar 2019, at 20:36, Randall Meadows wrote:

> MailMate *is* subscribed to the Train[Good|Spam] mailboxes, so am I
> wrong in assuming that it should automatically handle cleaning them up
> after SpamSieve has done its thing on the remote machine?

IMAP does not provide a way to watch for changes in all mailboxes. By
default, MailMate keeps an open connection to the INBOX in order to
register changes immediately. All other mailboxes are on a 10 minute
schedule.

You can change the synchronization schedule (see the Mailbox menu) for
the Train mailboxes to “5 minutes”. It is also possible to keep them
in the Connected state (equivalent to the INBOX), but MailMate defaults
to a maximum of 3 connections to the server. This means you might have
to increase the maximum number of connections to the server, but the
server might have its own limits.

Increasing the maximum number of connections is currently a low level
feature. You do it by adding `maxNumberOfConnections = X;` to the
account in the `Sources.plist` file while MailMate is not running.