[MlMt] Cannot manually Apply Rules

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Wed Sep 19 15:36:05 EDT 2018

Update: OK, this just got really weird...

What prompted my original message (below) was: I had apparently
misconfigured SpamSieve (I retired the machine that the Mail.app drone
was running on, and set things back up on a different machine), and all
my (good, non-spam, as well as spam messages) were going to the Spam
mailbox.  So, in MailMate, I moved all those good messages back to my
INBOX, and attempted to run the rules on them again, so they'd filter to
the appropriate sub-mailboxes.  But I was unable to do so, because of
the disabled menu item, hence my original post.

NOW, however, when I have the INBOX selected in the left pane, the
messages list in the right-top pane shows messages from a VARIETY of
mailboxes, NOT just INBOX.  It appears that the messages I moved from
the Spam mailbox back to INBOX *did* get filtered into their correct
mailboxes - which I guess I can see happening, if the rules are executed
on any messages that are placed into INBOX, but I would have thought
that would only happen with received messages, not for manually-moved
messages - but why are they still being listed when INBOX is selected in
the mailbox list?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It actually appears that the messages in question are *duplicated* in
the INBOX and their "real" mailbox (BTW, this is the Smart "Unread"
mailbox I'm talking about here).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zferf6ki5uncjcn/INBOX-shows-other-mailboxes.png?dl=0

Please help!
randy