[MlMt] Computer change

Thu Sep 13 08:37:12 EDT 2018

On 13 Sep 2018, at 14:18, davecc0000 wrote:

> I’m confused. I thought that MM didn’t have local copies of the
> messages.

MailMate has a local cache (copy) of emails, but the primary location of
emails is on the IMAP server(s). The cache enables MailMate to do almost
anything while offline. Any changes are then synchronized with the
server(s) when going online.

MailMate does not have local mailboxes (like “On My Mac” in Apple
Mail). In other words, you cannot move an email from an IMAP account to
some local-only mailbox within MailMate.

> I’ve asked for a feature to download messages from the server for
> local storage but was told it’s not possible.

If you don't need the emails in a mailbox within MailMate then you can
still copy the emails to local disk folders and then delete them in
MailMate. These emails are still viewable (and searchable using
Spotlight).