[MlMt] Copying a message

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Sun Oct 28 01:50:56 EDT 2018

Hi,

>> Since MailMate doesn't have a way to export email to a standard
>> format
>
> Umm... I don't believe that to be true.

Sorry - I was mixing up my directionality.

I know about, and use, all of the methods you mention -- but the
Keyboard Maestro macros are still something I've been making heavy use
of (for my particular work flow which required the automation and
variables/etc).

MailMate is focussed on IMAP as a way to get mail, rather than locally
managed mailboxes on a local system (that Mail.app does).

That's the bit I was thinking of with respect to the complexities
(Maildir vs. mbox vs whatever).

Again, not a gripe at all.  It's come up on the list many times over the
years, and I know a number of people use things like DevonThink or their
own local IMAP server to simulate the use of local mailboxes.

The Import Messages feature works well for certain use cases, but not
all.

Thanks to Bill for summarising some of the other ways to
dump/export/save a specific message.

Cheers,

Scott