[MlMt] Address Book / Zoom / Outlook

Sat Oct 27 03:59:08 EDT 2018

On 27 Oct 2018, at 0:39, Kourosh Kalayeh wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2018, at 12:40, pleasespamme at posteo.net wrote:
>
>> Hello, MailMate users. I have a few more questions for you today.
>>
>> 1. How can I get the MailMate contacts panel to search the
>> directories I see listed there? The Contacts app is able to do so,
>> but MailMate does nothing when I try to search for a name there.
>
> I achieved this by the following setting;
> In the preferences under the composer tab check the Recipients headers
> and choose the appropriate server.  Hope it helps.

This means that MailMate uses all recipient headers of all emails within
that account. That might be more (or less) than desired.

>> 2. Are zoom or font settings account specific? I tried to adjust
>> these, but they only seem to stick to one account.

No, they are currently global. This is likely to change though when I've
implemented a new system for saving mailbox related states (which I
often promise on this list when the bugginess of the current system
surfaces). The most obvious use case I see that some users might want a
mono-spaced font only when reading, e.g., mailing lists.

>> 3. Is there a way to get MailMate to read Outlook categories, or for
>> Outlook to read MailMate tags/keywords?

Given the primitive support for IMAP keywords in Exchange servers I
don't think the latter could work.

I don't really know how Outlook categories work.

>> I bounce between the two clients, and I’m looking for ways to stay
>> organized in a consistent manner across the two. Any ideas?

Sorry, I guess IMAP folders is the only thing that synchronizes between
these clients, but maybe someone else has come up with a smarter
solution.