[MlMt] Prevent displaying content of multiple messages?

Michael Hucka mhucka at library.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 24 12:52:19 EDT 2018

I use the "widescreen" layout in MailMate.  When I select a single
message in the message list, the message view pane displays the message
header and body.  However, when I select multiple messages in the
message list pane, MailMate displays the bodies of multiple messages.
This wouldn't be a problem except that if select a whole bunch of
messages, MailMate still does that, and becomes sluggish and even hangs
for a time [1], probably because it's working hard at formatting the
different messages bodies.

Is there a setting that would let me prevent this behavior, i.e., make
it so that if more than one message is selected, it won't attempt to
display multiple bodies?

[1] On a 4-core, 4.2 Ghz iMac 2017 with 32 GB RAM, so not for lack of
computing resources.

Best regards,
MH
--