[MlMt] Should keybindings affect implicitly-selected messages?

Wed Oct 24 08:10:44 EDT 2018

On 19 Oct 2018, at 20:15, Randall Meadows wrote:

> In that case, when the disclosure is closed, and only the "parent" is
> selected, my keybinding does indeed move all messages to the Trash,
> but only the selected "parent" has its SEEN tag removed; the "child"
> remain "unread" in the Trash.
>
> I hope my explanation of what I'm seeing makes sense.  Should I expect
> *all* the actions of the keybinding to be executed on *all* the
> selected (whether explicit or implicit) messages?

It's kind of a bug. If you use `markAsRead:` in your key binding then I
believe it works as expected. The code handling when to apply something
to all messages (when collapsed) isn't quite as general as it should be.

You could also add a rule to your “Deleted Messages” mailbox which
marks anything coming into it as read. That would work no matter how
it's moved.

Also, make sure you know that it's possible to disabled the counter for
the mailbox using “Displayed Count” in the Mailbox menu.