[MlMt] Counter in dock icon

Wed Oct 10 07:50:56 EDT 2018

On 5 Oct 2018, at 13:00, Pascal Felber wrote:

> I am using BetterTouchTool together with the GoldenChaos-BTT extension
> to customise the touch bar of my laptop, and notably show the number
> of unread messages. There are a number of scripts provided to extract
> the number of unread messages from various mail clients, but not
> MailMate. When trying to adapt the scripts to support MailMate, I got
> the feeling that MailMate does not use the same UI elements to display
> the counter/badge.

MailMate has custom code to draw icon badges because it has multiple
counters.

But I've been meaning to try to display the top-right counter using
Apple's API.

For now, I've added the following experimental feature to do this:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmUseStandardBadgeLabel -bool YES

After I added the code to handle this then your script also works for me
if I replace Mail with MailMate.

This change is in the next update (r5538+). Let me know if you have any
issues with it.