[MlMt] SPAM on iPhone

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 4 07:43:46 EDT 2018

On 4 Oct 2018, at 5:09, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> Hey!
>

> I let my iMac and MailMate always running in order to get the SPAM
> filtered (with SpamSieve).
>
> However lately I begun receiving SPAM on my iPhone.
> As soon as I returned home I checked the iMac and MailMate, but
> everything seemed ok. The SPAM-emails were also filtered as SPAM
> immediately (but were there for a second!).
>
> I couldn’t find anything so I would be very happy if you could give
> me an advice.

I've had occasional problems with some machines not synchronizing their
IMAP state quickly,
and I never have figured out why. What has helped is to make sure that
the synchronization
schedule for the important mailboxes—for me, Inbox and the two I use
for remote training—
have their synchronization schedule set to "Connected".