[MlMt] moving tags to new laptop

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:18:47 EST 2018

On 16 Nov 2018, at 9:16, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2018, at 6:55, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that not only copied the list of pre-defined tags to my
>> preferences (which I expected), but it also restored the tags on my
>> messages in all my accounts but one, which was a pleasant surprise!
>> So now I assume that one account doesn’t allow the client to store
>> the IMAP keywords on the server.
>
> Probably an Exchange account?

No, that would probably be an improvement.  It is a corporate server
that was built by the company.  We used to sell it as a product but no
longer do, it's that good. :-(

>> Is there any way to pull the tags off the messages on my old laptop
>> and apply them to the new one?
>
> Sorry, I don't know any easy way to do that. In theory, it should be
> possible to create a bundle command which saves this information and
> then have some kind of script to re-apply them to the messages in the
> other install of MailMate...

I thought I had the answer: use flags!  Until I realized they're also
implemented via IMAP keywords and are not persisted on this corporate
server.

I ended up copying them over manually.

-Eric