[MlMt] Bounce Message Forwarding

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Wed Nov 21 01:17:11 EST 2018

On 16 Nov 2018, at 6:44, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2018, at 10:53, Jan Münnich wrote:
>
>> MailMate doesn't display bounce messages as plain text but with a
>> special formatting. The headers of the bounced message are in a grey
>> box while the main headers and body are in a yellow box.
>>
>> When I forward this message, only the basic headers of the bounce
>> message are copied to the new mail.
>>
>> Can you reproduce this or is it because of some settings I have
>> messed up?
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  Are you sure the original message isn't
> attached like it was in the bounce message?  (You should be able to
> see this if enabling the preview in the Composer.  This happens by
> default, but maybe you have disabled it.)

Benny,

I *can* reproduce this.  I am a Mailman mailing list administrator and
see this all the time.  (It's very frustrating.)  I have to go to the
"Raw" message and Option-A select the entire text and hit Reply/Forward
and paste it in manually.

If you like I can send you a screen shot of a bounce ("WARNING: delayed
mail.") with a snapshot of the Compose window that comes up when I click
"Forward" on the bounce.  It's exactly as Jan described.

I just checked Preferences -> Composer -> Replying/Forwarding HTML: and
it is set to "Embed when needed".  I changed it to "Embed when
forwarding" and clicked "Forward" again.  Same thing.  OK, "Always
embed".  Same thing.  Do I need to quit MailMate and fire it back up
again for this Preferences change to kick in?

		- Greg