[MlMt] Bounce Message Forwarding

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Fri Nov 16 12:12:55 EST 2018

On 16 Nov 2018, at 15:44, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2018, at 10:53, Jan Münnich wrote:
>
>> MailMate doesn't display bounce messages as plain text but with a
>> special formatting. The headers of the bounced message are in a grey
>> box while the main headers and body are in a yellow box.
>>
>> When I forward this message, only the basic headers of the bounce
>> message are copied to the new mail.
>>
>> Can you reproduce this or is it because of some settings I have
>> messed up?
>
> I cannot reproduce this. Are you sure the original message isn't
> attached like it was in the bounce message? (You should be able to see
> this if enabling the preview in the Composer. This happens by default,
> but maybe you have disabled it.)

I am seeing what Jan described regularly. Certain messages, bounces in
particular, quote the original msg in a way that it is somehow a
separate part of the message that is skipped when forwarding. The quoted
msg is visually displayed by MM in a separate box. Replying creates an
empty msg, btw. I can send you screen shots of such msgs if Jan does not
have them.

Robert