[MlMt] Option to Scale In-Line Images to Fit Window

Fri Nov 16 09:31:59 EST 2018

On 9 Nov 2018, at 22:11, Randall Meadows wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2018, at 14:02, Topher Ayrhart wrote:
>
>> I wholeheartedly agree. I would love an option(s) to scale in-line
>> images to fit the viewing window in all contexts (message preview,
>> Inbox, All Messages, etc.).
>
> I will piggyback on this and request a feature similar to Mail.app
> that allows you to scale the attached picture right there inside the
> program, without first going into, say, Preview, and manually scaling
> it.

There are two types of scaling involved here:

1. Scaling when displaying an image, e.g., to the width of the window.
2. Scaling when composing an email with an image attachment such that
the image has smaller pixel dimensions.

Both are useful features (and quite old requests). I'll note to look
into both issues, but I cannot promise anything soon. Item 2 definitely
won't happen until after I've re-designed the handling of attachments
which is needed for many reasons.