[MlMt] custom key bindings not working

Fri Nov 16 09:08:17 EST 2018

On 7 Nov 2018, at 21:02, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I have this
> text
>
> {
>         "@g"    = ("moveToMailbox:",
> "imap://smb@XXX.columbia.edu/0-good" );
>         "@j"    = ("moveToMailbox:",
> "imap://smb@XXX.columbia.edu/0-bad" );
> };
>
> as /Users/smb/Library/Application Support/MailMate/smb.plist and I
> have 'smb'
> in the Custom Key Bindings box with "Enable" checked.

You need to remove the last semicolon, and if the mailboxes are within
the same account then this should also work (and would work for all of
your accounts):

{
         "^@g"    = ( "moveToMailbox:", "/0-good" );
         "^@j"    = ( "moveToMailbox:", "/0-bad" );
}

I've also changed the shortcuts to use ⌃⌘ since the other ones are
already taken by built-in menu items. You might want something different
or simply not use a modifier at all.