[MlMt] MailMate on one machine not syncing

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 15 10:29:06 EST 2018

On my desktop (an iMac running Mojave and up-to-date MailMate 2.0), it
often doesn't seem to wake up and sync. The machine is not sleeping; not
only have I verified that in Settings, I've used another machine to
monitor packets coming out from it. (What I see, of course, are
primarily broadcasts.) This is quite annoying because it's also my
SpamSieve machine. It's not filtering my inbox, except for a few times a
day, nor is it looking at the remote good and bad mailboxes. It was
never great at sync, but it's gotten much worse. I don't know if it's
the Mojave update or the fact that my primary mail server was down for a
few weeks until I could bring up a Linux box to replace my superannuated
Mac Mini. But that happened more than a week ago and the new mail server
is working fine.

Any thoughts? (I have some of the mailboxes with the synchronization
schedule set to "connected"; it hasn't helped.)