[MlMt] How to change key bindings in Composer window?

Mike Hucka mhucka at caltech.edu
Wed May 30 23:49:29 EDT 2018

I've been able to change my key bindings in many Mac applications by
using a custom ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict file, but
the bindings do not appear to have effect when editing new mail message
text in the Composer window.  (Or at least, some of the key bindings do
not work for me as expected.)

I know about, and already use, a MailMate key bindings definition file
in ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/, and it
does work -- for MailMate actions outside the Composer window.

Is there a way to affect the key bindings in the editing panel of the
Composer window?

MH