[MlMt] Suggestion for behavior of keys for alternative views

Mike Hucka mhucka at caltech.edu
Tue May 29 22:05:08 EDT 2018

Currently, there are key bindings for next/previous alternatives views.
I use these to flip between HTML and plain-text views of messages.  It
works fine, but for one annoyance: there are two keys, and I can never
remember which direction to go (is plain-text "next" or "previous" from
what I'm looking at?). The consequence is that I'm regularly typing one
of them and not getting any result, and have to remember to go in the
"other" direction.

May I suggest a simple change?  Just make the behavior of the
view-change commands "wrap around", so to speak, so that you cycle
through the views in round-robbin fashion.  Then (1) key bindings can
stay the same, yet (2) people like me who are too dumb to remember which
direction to go don't have to worry about it -- they can just press the
same key to get the alternative views.

Best regards,
MH