[MlMt] Ghost mailboxes

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri May 25 10:43:50 EDT 2018

On 24 May 2018, at 22:03, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I know this has been discussed before, but is there a way to purge
> ghost mailboxes?  I have some mailboxes that I told MM to delete or
> move into a folder.  The mailboxes are empty and in red, but they
> never go away and are distracting to see.  Can I manually delete them
> from a plist somewhere?

You can use the GUI. Right-click the IMAP account -> "Edit IMAP
Account..." -> "Edit Subscriptions..." and uncheck the phantom mailbox.

The root causes of this are that most IMAP servers don't sanity-check
the "subscriptions" list against the actual list of mailboxes and that
all MUAs for an account share a common subscription list, so they tend
to avoid exerting automatic arbitrary control over it.