[MlMt] search body & quoted text

Fri May 18 05:36:02 EDT 2018

On 9 May 2018, at 15:57, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Is there a simple way to have toolbar search include both the body and
> the quoted text, i.e. the equivalent of 'b s4 or q s4' when searching
> for "s4"?  If not, can I request a new search modifier key to do just
> that?

I think, in general, I have some users who would prefer an option to
make `m` include quoted text. Part of my concern is that the performance
of body text search is not very good, but I also like that it's possible
to explicitly not search quoted text.

For now, maybe it'll be sufficient if I add that `M` searches like `m`,
but includes quoted text?

(It is, by the way, possible to create your own search syntax. The
current search syntax is handled by a ruby script which converts the
search string into a MailMate query string.)