[MlMt] Rules: "is in" smart mailbox and Gmail Labels

Fri May 18 05:25:22 EDT 2018

On 15 May 2018, at 17:04, Zvi Biener wrote:

> I'm having trouble setting rules, under the following conditions:
>
> 1. I use Gmail labels by hiding the associated gmail "mailboxes" from
> MailMate (through the "Edit Subscriptions"). I then use Smart
> Mailboxes that pick out messages with the appropriate labels. So, if I
> use Label "Marketing", I hide the Marketing mailbox from MM, and
> define a smart mailboxes that picks out all messages with the tag
> "Marketing" from All Messages. I do this so I don't have duplicate
> messages, and because I use the same tags/keywords across multiple
> accounts.

I think you should read
[this](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup#gmail) since
MailMate already has built-in support to make tags work as you would
expect them to with a Gmail account. This includes hiding the label
mailbox.

> 2. I'd like to define a rule that matches the from address of incoming
> mail against from addresses that are already in the "Marketing" smart
> mailbox. Like: "From -> Address" "is in" "Marketing" (the smart
> mailbox) "From->Address".
> However, in this context mailboxes that are defined as in 1 are greyed
> out. Other smart mailboxes are OK, but any smart mailbox that picks
> out a gmail label is greyed out.
>
> Any ideas on how to get around this?

I think they would only be greyed out if there was some kind of cyclic
reference, but maybe there's a bug somewhere related to this. You can
send me the following file and I *think* I should be able to reproduce
the issue:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist